Monday, September 21, 2009

Dog Tricks

Pascha was the primary dog trainer in the family. We worked on the "sit-stay-come- don't eat that piece of s@#$" kind of training together. But when it came to those things that made strangers go "Awww, that's sooooo cuuuute" you can bet it was one of Pascha's tricks. Just before he passed on, to try and keep him engaged, and feeling useful she started working on a new trick. It was "ring bell for service" and it involved a prop, a small concierge desk bell. He came really close to getting this one, but never quite perfected it. I took some video with my phone one evening when she was working with him. I'll post it here. I find the video very funny to watch, as she patiently goes through the routine again and again, giving him lots of rewards along the way. They were both having a blast - lost in that dog/human space where they were really trying to communicate with each other. "Here, ring the bell..." "Hey, you've got a treat in your hand. Quit moving it..."

No comments:

Post a Comment